The Doomed Makuu
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generating the Compact

2 posters

Go down

Generating the Compact Empty Generating the Compact

Post by The GM Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:25 pm

Hi!

Before Wednesday night the hope is that all characters will be generated. We also want the Compact to be generated.

As detailed in the Game Mechanics, every player has the same Primary Objective:

Primary Objective: Cast a heavy blow at the morale of the hated Imperium by bringing down the Makuu la Dhahabu Kiti.

All Heretics also have the same (weekly) Tertiary Objective:

Tertiary Objective: Undermine the plots and schemes of your rivals.

Completing the Primary Objective wins the game (and gains +3 Infamy). Completing the weekly Tertiary Objective earns all those Heretics who participated 1d5 Infamy.

The bit that I need you to come up with is the 5 Secondary Objectives. The completion of all 5 Secondary Objectives should represent completion of the Primary Objective. By way of advice:

• Make sure you phrase the Secondary Objective vaguely, to allow for different methods and different outcomes. For example, rather than 'Assassinate the Deacon with a sniper rifle', you should instead have 'Deal with the Deacon'. This leaves it open as to whether you kill him or corrupt him, and what weapons you might use.
  • Involve all areas of the setting (i.e. the Makuu, the Tithed Villages and the Villa von Klossner. It'll make it easier to come up with 5 Secondary Objectives.
  • Make the Secondary Objectives ambitious. If you make the Secondary Objective seemingly trivial to complete, then in the interests of balance I'll have to make it more difficult than it first appeared. Which puts you less in control of your story, because you'll be responding to unpredictable complications. Also, ambitious Secondary Objectives are fun, and may earn you more Infamy along the way.

Completing a Secondary Objective gives all Heretics involved (whether or not they are part of the Compact) 2 Infamy Points.

The GM
Admin

https://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Generating the Compact Empty Re: Generating the Compact

Post by The GM Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:41 pm

Just a reminder that you need to choose 5 Secondary Objectives. Let me know if I can offer any help.

The GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonebreath Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:17 pm

I have chosen them. I think they are all quite straightforward:

Acquire an agent (or place an existing one) in the upper political escalations of the following:

Sadaka,
Imani
Kifodini
The Makuu
The Villa

Its a simple set, I know, but I think it might work. Thoughts?

Stonebreath

Back to top Go down

Post by The GM Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:46 pm

I like it mostly, but I think we need to link it more to the completion of the primary compact. For example, maybe edit them in the vein of 'acquire agent at X in order to achieve Y'? Otherwise, seems great.

The GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonebreath Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:08 pm

Sure, all the tribal settlements will be the same objective for "Y": "cut off Makuu from supplies"

The one in the Makuu will be there to spread corruption

The one in the Villa will be intended to turn the noble family towards Callum's cause.

Do those all work?

Stonebreath

Back to top Go down

Post by The GM Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:32 pm

Great. That sounds perfect.

The GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content