Turn 3 Thread

Go down

Turn 3 Thread

Post by The GM on Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:45 am

[It is now Turn 3. You can now start working towards another Secondary Objective. I am a little concerned that you are getting a bit behind, and you are not posting often. Is there any way that I can help?

Callum gains 2 Infamy for succeeding at his Tertiary Objective last Turn.]

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 3 Thread

Post by Stonebreath on Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:10 am

[I was on holiday from thursday to sunday but am now back and raring to go. Also I've got 2 jobs at the moment which I am still settling in to.]

In order to get the attention of the fornicating nobles, Callum waits for a (relative) lull in their activity before loudly announcing:

"What if I told you I could give you something better?"

If this works, Callum will attempt to use his charm to convince the Nobles that he can offer them vast power and wealth in exchange for their allegiance.

If this doesn't work, Callum will attempt to grab their attention by lying about an incoming Imperial threat and insisting that he's the only one who can help them evade horrific deaths at the hands of zealots.

Stonebreath

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 3 Thread

Post by The GM on Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:37 am

[Ah ok, cool! Hope you had a good holiday.]

Their sounds of fornication are distant and muffled, as if heard underwater. When Callum speaks, they pause for the slightest of moments. The woman seems puzzled for a moment, but it passes and they return to their decadent orgy. 

Undeterred, Callum whispers promises of power and wealth. They moan in response to his words, corrupted by his influence, but do not respond directly. The honeyed words bring them to the moment of climax, before they part, sweaty and spent. The woman looks directly at Callum, for the briefest of time.

She screams. Unlike the other sounds she has made, this one is piercing and clear. The man rushes to her side, places a hand on her naked shoulder, but his words are indistinct. The woman, confused, shakes her head. She stares at where Callum is standing for a few moments, but it is clear that she does not see him any longer.

[Callum is currently between reality and the warp, due to the wych Sauda's ritual. He can only act directly where the veil is extremely weak, but can otherwise interact with reality in the way that a haunting ghost might. Alternatively, the ritual might be reversible.

Moreover, Callum has begun a Seduction (not necessarily sexual) of Gerhild Klossner. He can take one Seduction Test a day to bring her around. Each Test should represent an escalation of heresy or decadence. Subsequent Seduction Tests are at +10 for each prior success, and -10 for each prior failure. On the nth Seduction Test, when n is the Willpower Bonus of the target, the roll determines whether or not the target is seduced. Successfully seducing a target earns 4 Infamy.]

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 3 Thread

Post by Stonebreath on Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:55 pm

Callum is going to continue his seduction of Gerhild. Leveraging the fact that he has become some sort of warp shade.

"You are right to fear me, but we need not be at odds," Callum begins, his face still wearing his trademark winning smile.

He finds his new metaphysical state more fascinating than unnerving.

He attempts to lie to the noblewoman, claiming he is a powerful spirit within the warp who can give her power in exchange for loyalty.

"I am something of a networker. I can bring the Imperial edifice crashing down and place you at the top," he flashes another smile, "all I need is for you to be willing to hold up your end of such a bargain."

Stonebreath

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 3 Thread

Post by The GM on Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:12 pm

As the noblewoman turns to leave the room, she pauses at Callum's words. But it seems she cannot hear them clearly, and shakes her head, turning pale. She leaves, and disappears into shadow.

"No longer can you be so direct," Sauda smiles, exposing her blackened teeth. "The veil is not so weak now that they are spent."

Graves swallows, still processing his new surroundings. He picks up a plate on the table and throws it, making a large clash. The nobleman and woman rush back in, confused and afraid: as if they have seen it as well. Graves can only imagine what it looks like from their perspective.

Callum smiles to himself, thinking through his daemoncraft. In some sense, he is attempting something very much like a possession. The more that he can get his target to acknowledge and hear him, the more direct he will be able to be. His influence will be strongest when the veil is weakened: perhaps most easily by fear, but also through corruption or any strong feeling that echoes on the warp. Unfortunately, he will have to use more than words alone to invoke such states in Gerhild Klossner. What is his approach?

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 3 Thread

Post by Stonebreath on Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:27 pm

Callum thinks of the stories of apparitions and spectres he'd heard as a boy. Immediately, he begins using any means to hand (paper and ink or, perhaps, blood) to leave messages for the noblewoman expressing the sentiments of corruption and temptation that he wishes to convey. Callum tries to be as showy as possible with these messages, scrawling them on walls, ceilings and mirrors.

"I HAVE TAKEN AN INTEREST IN YOU"
"FIND ME, AND YOU SHALL KNOW POWER OVER THE IMPERIALS."
"TRUST IN ME, AND NEVER BE SCARED AGAIN."

Stonebreath

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 3 Thread

Post by The GM on Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:44 pm

Callum delves deeper into the shadowy, half-real mansion, drawn like a ray to the light of Gerhild Klossner. She remains afraid, unlike the nobleman she was with, and her soul is illuminated for Callum's predatory eyes. She frets, but tries to calm herself with applying makeup to her face. She steps away to go to the toilet, and Callum uses the lipstick to smear a message on her mirror. Though sometimes Callum is unable to grip these things in her reality, something in the beauty of her face makes his fingers solid, and he is able to write the message. Gerhild comes back in, and screams. For the slightest of moments, she sees Callum's face behind her reflection in the mirror. 

"I can bring the Imperial edifice crashing down and place you at the top," he repeats, his words ethereal and whispered, but nonetheless understood. "All I need is for you to be willing to hold up your end of such a bargain."

She hears the words and sways slightly, as if drunk, but other, shadowy figures enter the room and grab her, dressed in noble garb. She begins to cry, terribly afraid, and no longer seems to recognise Callum standing there. She points at the mirror, but the writing has faded, claimed by unreality.

Over the next day, Callum continues to prey upon the woman. She is reduced to a nervous wreck, constantly crying out in terror at the slightest shadow. Sometimes, Callum can see more clearly other individuals about her, tasting their anger at her constant screams over apparently nothing. She becomes alienated and alone, and Callum is soon able to whisper to her again.

"Well then," she says, holding back tears, "What is it that you want?"

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 3 Thread

Post by Stonebreath on Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:26 pm

"We are going to use our combined power to starve out the Makuu," he whispers, his voice laced with satisfaction at the degree to which he has frayed the noblewoman's sanity.

"You are going to tell me what resources you have access to, then I am going to tell you how we can use them to put you on top."

Callum smirks, amused a little by the innuendo.

"Believe it or not, I am not here to hurt you, I am here to help you."

Stonebreath

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 3 Thread

Post by The GM on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:13 pm

"Starve out the Makuu?" she asks. It is a strange thing to her - something she has never considered - and her confusion almost brings her out of her fearful state. "Why?"

She stutters the resources of the Villa von Klossner, but stresses that it is her mother that has direct access to them. Primarily, what the Klossner's have is money and reputation. Literally able to get away with murder on account of their noble status, they simply take food and resources from the local villages. Occasionally, they pay for them, but typically they simply send their privately armed, high-class mercenary troops to acquire them.

Callum can tell that she is holding something back - a secret that she dare not utter. Gerhild fears for her life, facing down what she thinks is a spirit of the warp, but even still there are some things she will not say or do. She needs further seduction perhaps, a plan of action that spells out how she will profit, or, perhaps, direct threats.

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 3 Thread

Post by Stonebreath on Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:20 am

"Join with me," says Callum, his keen mind relishing the interlocution.

"With your mercenaries and my foresight, these settlements could be ours and you could live like a Queen, free from fear."

Callum grins like a knife.

"We will starve out the Makuu, and then we shall take it."

Callum's smile softens a little, appearing, perhaps, like he has genuine sympathy for the noblewoman's predicament.

"Join with me, and you will never have to live in your mother's shadow again."

Stonebreath

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 3 Thread

Post by The GM on Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:15 am

Gerhild smiles faintly at the apparition, and it is in that smile that Callum knows her soul is his. "My mother has become quite the tyrant to poor father," she says, as if justifying her treacherous instincts. "And yet, what is there to do? I am not the paymaster for those capable men and women, and they shall not listen to me."

She pauses, before offering a deep secret. "Mother is quite insurmountable. She even has the deacon bewitched to her charms. The deacon! Sometimes he attends our little meets, and he partakes in the pleasures of the flesh."

Despite herself, she giggles nervously at the thought of the corruptions she has enjoyed. "What is your name, stranger, and what manner of thing are you?"

[Callum has completed his Seduction of Gerhild Klossner and gained 4 Infamy. He has also gained 1 Corruption Point.]

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 3 Thread

Post by Stonebreath on Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:48 am

"I am a stubborn soul that lives between here and Beyond," replies Callum, cryptically.

"My name is Callum, and I want to free the people of this place."

Callum smiles again, nearly taken in by the noblewoman's beauty.

"They need a new ruler, a better ruler, and you are going to help me."

He is lying. Callum plans to betray Gerhild as soon as she is no longer useful to The Cause.

"Take me to your mother, I will break her, then she will name you successor."

This, at least, is not a lie.

Stonebreath

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 3 Thread

Post by The GM on Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:22 am

As he speaks to the woman, Callum feels his soul churn as his body mutates. Wrapped in the energies of chaos, he screams in ecstasy and Gerhild staggers back in terror.

[Callum is mutating! Here are his options:

Tentacle: One of Callum's limbs is replaced with a tentacle. It's useful for grappling, but if its a leg it can slow him down, and if it's an arm it's harder to pull triggers or grip a weapon.

Vampiric Addiction: Callum is infused with the desire to partake of a particular substance. You get to choose the substance, but should be something obtained from a living creature, such as blood, marrow, or cranial fluid. In a week where Callum partakes of the substance, he gets one extra Infamy Spend. if he doesn't partake of the substance in a given week, he permanently loses 1 Toughness.

Warp-touched: Callum's mind is touched by the warp, and he gains a Mental Disorder.

Featureless Face: Callum's features fade away to nothing, his eyes, nose and mouth disappearing. He is left with his senses intact, and never more needs physical sustenance. However, he cannot speak in the conventional manner. Any Interaction Test other than Intimidate is at -20.

Illusion of Normalcy: Callum has the outward appearance of someone not at all mutated. His face is difficult to remember, even if he wears fancy clothing or carries extravagant weapons. Though he may be striking in the moment, he can easily lose himself in a crowd. Callum gains the Unremarkable Talent.

What do you choose?]

Gerhild staggers backwards, suppressing a scream as Callum changes. Nonetheless, she blushes slightly at Callum's promises of grandeur. "B-b-but, she doesn't see you, Callum," she stutters. "And you don't act as if you apprehend her. How, then, should I bring you to mother?"

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 3 Thread

Post by Stonebreath on Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:40 pm

[Callum chooses Illusion of Normalcy].

Savouring the touch of the warp, Callum takes it upon himself to revel in any sensations caused by his new mutation.

"You will ask to meet her, and I shall follow you."

He smiles, calmly.

"Then, once I am led to her, she shall notice me in time, then I shall break her."


Stonebreath

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 3 Thread

Post by The GM on Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:43 pm

Gerhild nods. "You should come with me, then," she advises.

She leads Callum and the sergeant throughout the Villa von Klossner. Where she stands, Callum sees the mansion transformed. The light of her fearful, enraptured soul illuminates the corridors, blowing away the shadows and introducing rich colours. In the distance - though it sounds so distant - they can hear the sounds of servants, of voices that they cannot quite make out. They are led up the central staircase, fashioned from charming local sandstone, before Gerhild rings a small bell at the door. It opens, but Callum cannot see any figure inside. The light of Gerhild subtly retreats from that door, and leaves the room in a dark, unnatural shadow.

"My apologies, mother," Gerhild begins, but stops, as if cut off.

"Yes, I know the time -"

"- Quite, indeed, it was -"

"Indeed yes, but -"

"Very well then, mother. Perhaps later."

Gerhild turns to Callum, fear in her eyes at having failed. Her eyes dart down the corridor, where dim voices echo from the distance. She glances back to Callum, but she does not say anything, and Callum realises that she does not want to be seen talking to the air. Nonetheless, the door before him is where Lady von Klossner is before him - if only he can weaken the veil between realities.

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 3 Thread

Post by Stonebreath on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:24 pm

Callum nods gently at Gerhild, attempting to allay her fears.

"I'm right where I need to be, don't worry."

Callum attempts to use Demonic Tongues to weaken the veil. Once weakened, Callum intends to prosecute an agenda of corruption over several days with the aim of driving Gerhild insane.

This agenda contains, but is not limited to:

- Blood writing on walls (in Callum's own blood if necessary)
- Attempting to stoke any degree of paranoia Klossner feels about the Imperium finding out about her "liaisons" with the deacon.
- Following her around, learning what he can about what she holds dear, and using that information as a vector to crush her spirit.

[I will be away at Empire for the next 3 days. Hopefully this will give Callum plenty to do while I'm gone Smile ]

Stonebreath

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 3 Thread

Post by The GM on Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:35 pm

Callum considers how he might weaken the veil between the Lady Klossner and his own dark designs. Knowledge of the daemonic tongues will certainly assist him, and yet the veil cannot be sundered by words alone. He must perform ritual, or otherwise summon psychic phenomena. Perhaps he can convince Sauda to push to the limits of her power, or else seek interaction with the daemonic in order to help tear back the sanity. What does he do?

[Turn 3 is over. Please respond to this post in the Turn 4 Thread (though I understand it might be a while until you do). Enjoy Empire!]

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 3 Thread

Post by Stonebreath on Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:47 pm

He will interact with the demonic, using his knowledge of Fel Lores and his place between reality and unreality to reach out to nefarious creatures of the warp.

Stonebreath

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 3 Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum