Generating a Replacement Heretic (2)

Go down

Generating a Replacement Heretic (2)

Post by The GM on Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:36 pm

Ari has passed on to the palace of Slaanesh, her life brief, violent and dark. Gracious is in need of a Replacement Heretic to help him bring the Compact home.

To remind you, a Replacement Heretic has the same XP as other characters, but has the normal starting Infamy and Corruption Points. What kind of character were you thinking of?

The GM
Admin

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Generating a Replacement Heretic (2)

Post by wren on Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:53 am

My ideas:
*A commanding figure - strong on intimidation, command type things.
*Good at fighting, especially close combat.
*Member of the warband which hired Gracious - I can't think of a good name for this, suggestions welcome?
*Essentially very "drill sergeant-y"?

What do you reckon?

wren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The GM on Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:02 am

Tell me a little more about the warband that hired Gracious: I think that'd be helpful in shaping this character.

(See Turn 6 Thread, in case you missed it)

The GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wren on Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:08 pm

So my idea is that it's where Twisby came from - Khornate and Tzeetchian, lots of Hereteks, not altogther full of people with Gracious's skillset - so he was hired by them for a large amount.

They are very interested in the previous technological skills of the Swaad, and regard the conflict on the planet as a holy war of re-conquest. They worship the Omnissah as a dual-aspect of both Khorne and Tzeetch - a complex theology of the venerations of complex weapons of war.

wren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The GM on Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:56 pm

So this what I've come up with for Titebite. Rather than go for the Archetypes in the main book, I've made use of the extra XP he's starting with an based him on a Xurunt Frostfather. It comes with a lot of commanding and intimidating and killing, and I've used the XP to make him better at tech (as well as commanding and intimidating). The character is very dangerous in close combat, excels at commanding and intimidating (especially soldiers) and is capable of using tech to his advantage. He had a mutation at start, and instead of Centauroid (which would mark him instantly as a mutant) or Featureless Face (which makes him terrible at command), I gave him Illusion of Normalcy. Because he is aligned to Khorne, this means his enemy's are always Surprised when he first attacks, which is pretty great.

Let me know what you think, and if you want to make adjustments. He is at -50 XP, so he'll only gain 50 XP tomorrow. Here is a list of Talents and Traits you may not have come across:

Battle Rage: Allows Titebite to Parry whilst Frenzied.
Berserk Charge: Gives Titebite +30 WS on the charge.
Pity the Weak: Gives +10 to Command, Commerce, Deceive and Intimidate when directed at someone with either a lower Strength or Willpower, however, -10 to Charm against the same individuals.
A Great Boast: When Titebite succeeds at a Hard (-20) Test involving Strength or Agility, or a Very Hard (-30) Willpower Test to resist fear, he gains +10 to all Command Tests for the rest of the encounter. If he does this without using an Infamy Spend, he gains a free Infamy Spend that must be used or be lost in that encounter.
Visions of Death: Titebite can Frenzy as a Free Action if he uses an Infamy Spend, and when he does so gains +5 to Weapon Skill, Strength, Toughness and Willpower. However, every two days that pass without killing a worthy adversary requires passing a Routine (+20) Willpower Test, or a cumulative -5 penalty to Intelligence, Perception and Fellowship Tests until the next worthy kill. A worthy adversary should have a Weapon Skill equal to at least half Titebite's, and every additional day beyond the first two increases the Willpower Check difficulty by one level.

The End is the Beginning is the End (Titebite)

Pride: Martial Prowess
Disgrace: Wrath
Motivation: Innovation

WS: 49
BS: 33
S: 50
T: 40
Ag: 33
Int: 41
Per: 35
WP: 37
Fel: 39
Inf: 29

Movement: 3/6/9/18/36
Wounds: 10/10
Infamy Spends: 2/2
Corruption: 17
Fatigue: 0

Disorders: None
Mutations: Illusion of Normalcy

Skills: Athletics (S) +10, Awareness (Per), Command (Fel) +30, Common Lore (Tech) (Int), Common Lore (War) (Int), Dodge (Ag), Intimidate (S) +20, Linguistics (Low Gothic) (Int), Navigate (Surface) (Int), Parry (WS) +10, Scholastic Lore (Occult) (Int), Stealth (Ag), Survival (Per) +10, Tech-Use (Int), Trade (Armourer) (Int)
Talents: Air of Authority, Battle Rage, Berserk Charge, Combat Master, Combat Sense, Frenzy, Furious Assault, Jaded, Lightning Reflexes, Peer (Military), Pity the Weak, Quick Draw, Resistance (Cold, Fear), Sprint, Sure Strike, Takedown, Weapon Training (Primary, SP), Unshakeable Will
Traits: A Great Boast, The Quick and the Dead, Visions of Death

Weapons: Good Craftsmanship Mono Great Axe (Melee; 2d10(+5) R; Pen 0; Unbalanced), Best Craftsmanship Mono knife (Melee/Thrown; 1d5(+5) R; Pen 0), Shotgun with Belt Feed (Basic; 30m; S/-/-; 1d10+4 I; Pen 0; Clip 100; Rld 2 Full; Scatter, Unreliable)
Armour: Heavy Carapace (All: AP 6)
Gear: 8 trophy skulls, clip/drop harness, Good Craftsmanship Bionic Legs (confers Sprint and +20 to Athletic Tests to jump or leap), 2 belt feeds of shotgun shells.

XP to Spend/Spent: -50/6000
Characteristic Upgrades: Simple Toughness, Simple Intelligence
Alignment: Khorne: 2, Nurgle: 2; Slaanesh: 0; Tzeentch: 0 (Aligned to Khorne at start of play)

The GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wren on Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:01 pm

Love it. Let's go with that.

wren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum