Turn 1 Thread

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by wren on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:03 am

Gracious will relax, and let her into his mind. He has nothing to hide: what has happened was not by his design, and although if Laval and Vex had died that would indeed have been neater, it was not the goal.

wren

Posts : 180
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by The GM on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:14 am

Laval probes deeply, and Gracious feels deeply uncomfortable, as if bugs were crawling over the inside of his scalp. Unbidden, memories flicker through his head, being plundered by the wych. Surely Gracious' surface thoughts absolve him of any guilt in Twisby's change, but Laval pushes deeper. She sees Gracious reaching out to Kibwa and getting him addicted to obscura. She sees Gracious crafting a nootropic to make Vex as susceptible as possible on the comedown. And yet, she probes further.

Does Gracious resist further probing?

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by wren on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

Awkward, but I stand by his actions!

However, he will now resist further probing - it would be inconvenient for her to know all of his objectives...

wren

Posts : 180
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by The GM on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:25 am

Exerting his will, Laval's probing is driven forth from Gracious mind. The two are left staring at each other, enjoying an awkward silence.

[Are you free for an Interaction?]

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by The GM on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:27 pm

Gracious and Laval stare at each other, enjoying an awkward silence. On the hill, Vex slowly picks himself up, whilst in the village, nervous individuals drink herbal tea and try to ignore the bloody, pus-laden horror show of the main thoroughfare.

As Gracious rebuffs her from his mind, Laval relaxes. Relief spreads visibly across her face, followed by pain and exhaustion.

"Thank you," she manages.

"...I am a creature of lies and corruption, yeah, but I don't exactly hide that; and I have my specific methods. ...and they aren't... whatever this is. What happened?"

"Your fr- Twisby.... mutated." She gestures back vaguely toward the hill where Vex is pulling himself together. "Attacked us."

"...by intent?"

"Didn't have time to check."

"Like, uh, you know, I don't understand these things at all. Twisby's dead, then?"

Dead? She is not certain. Near enough, she supposes. "Or.. gone?"

"Did you see what happened in the village?" Gracious asks. She nods.

"Yes. Thank you. For saving them."

"Ha! Are they not what we're here for, in any case? And I was hardly going to let despair claim them..."

"Still."

"There's a lot of work to be done, yeah, um, a lot of dead- lots of rotten - it's bad, you know, it's bad. I've got Sten trying to keep the survivors calm..."

"Yes. We shou-" As she tries to look around, she flinches in pain, staggers momentarily, losing her train of thought. "... we should clean up."

"...you, don't, uh, you don't look peachy yourself..."

"Burned. I'll live."

"And what of your friend? Wych too, is he? Didn't hurt himself too much?"

Laval looks round. Vex has dusted himself off and appears to be studying his left hand in fascination, flexing fingers that no longer look quite like fingers.

"Ah... the blessings of the gods upon him..." Gracious comments. After a moment's pause, trying herself to parse exactly what happened, she responds.

"He lives too, by the grace of the gods."

"You saw, in my mind, the drug he asked me for?"

She nods. "You intend to take advantage of him." There's only the faintest disapproval in her voice, if that. Mostly she sounds tired.

"Obviously, obviously, but that's a reflex."

"Of course."

"Perhaps you should think about why he asked for it in the first place... unless you already know?"

She knows, of course. But she is too exhausted, too hurt for this verbal fencing.

"I feel like we have other imminent concerns."

"Yes; but I've done all I can already. Really, really, I'm just idly chatting while you pick yourselves up... If you're ready, let's go."

"Certainly."

"In the short term, let's try and make these people feel safe again. United, undivided... they beat that thing. Teach people to have faith in themselves, rather than the Corpse God... it's amazing what else they can have faith in."

"Can we agree to share?" She glances back at Vex, flinching again at the motion.

"I find hope and change rather walks hand in hand with a good time for all. Often, anyway. ...I don't suppose you picked my pendent up from... probably not. Yes."

She smiles at the affirmation, then shakes her head. "The remains are up there on the hill, if anything survived Vex..."

"Perhaps I'll walk up and pay my last respects. They were a good egg, I think."

"Be my guest."

Gracious sets off up the hill as Laval and Vex stumble their way to where the living villages have collected. Small warpfires continue to burn in arid patches of soil, the footprints of small, dancing creatures having scorched the very ground. At the crest of the hill, Gracious sees the remains of his erstwhile companion. Most of the remains has been turned to ash, but the smell is suspiciously like burning flesh and there are a few scraps of clothing and scorched metal that once formed Twisby's armour. Their remains are scattered across a few metres, as if they exploded when they died. 

In the distance, Gracious can just about make out the place the doomed ritual took place, and, curious, he saunters over towards it. Perhaps surprisingly, there is barely any evidence there that anything went wrong. Torn parchments taken from Gracious' unholy tomes are meticulously arranged to form an anatomically correct image of a splayed man. In the centre is Gracious' Slaaneshi pendant, undamaged and waiting perfectly in the middle. Gracious smiles. Though Twisby is gone, it is pleasing to know that their last actions was to set out this lovely, perfectly arranged scene. It is only a shame that it didn't work.

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by The GM on Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:50 pm

From across the valley, there is the distant sound of a stub revolver being emptied. Presumably Laval has whatever is going on in hand, but it is a grim indication of what may soon sweep across the village of Imani.

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by wren on Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:54 pm

Gracious will go and retrieve the pendant, though leave the rest.

He will then head back into the village to assess the situation there. Facts to establish:
*how are people doing?
*What are Vex and Laval up to?
*What are the other named NPCs currently up to?

He will also go and check on the goats.

[Do we want to talk about new character gen?]

wren

Posts : 180
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by The GM on Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:26 pm

The pendant is slightly warm to the touch, having absorbed some of the heat of the hellfires that Twisby wrought. 

The hour is late, and the sun begins to set in a sickly red across the sky. Many villagers are retiring for the evening, leaving the mess of the main thoroughfare for the morning. In Gracious' absence, there has been something of a town meeting, where Laval spoke of the failure of the Ecclesiarchy, the hope of a new way, and the power of Tzeentch, the Lord of Change. Faruha seems to have spoken out in support of Laval and, when an elderly woman decried her a traitor, she was shot to death by one of Kibwa's friends, Ola. A new order has taken hold of Imani, a new order that must be given the night to coalesce, an order in which stubbornness to the old ways of the Emperor can be met with death. Truly, it is glorious to behold.

Laval and Vex have gone to the Mkuu's hut to rest, joined soon after by Faruha, and with the Mkuu out of town, not much is going on with the major players. Kibwa approaches Gracious as soon as he sees the heretic, hoping for another dose of obscura. He is quite insistent, giving Gracious further evidence that the poor man is thoroughly addicted. In his somewhat addled state, he is more susceptible, and if Gracious wanted to bring him more thoroughly to the Slaaneshi cause, now is a good time.

The night passes fitfully for the people of Imani. They dream of a leering, crescent moon and of whispers that tell them terrible truths and promises of a new future. Given the night to fully form, the corruption takes hold on their souls and brings the small, shattered village into the glory of Chaos.

By morning, Gracious is awoken by the foul scent of the gore outside being swept into a glowering pyre. Laval is tending to some of those villagers who took on the task, treating their wounds and giving advice to ensure that they do not get infected from their grisly task. The stench is nigh unbearable, such that Gracious and Sten struggle to turn their noses in the direction of the flames, but at least it is being dealt with.

There is something of a hubbub about the village. Many are mourning the loss of friends and family, but many of the goats seem pregnant, and are beginning to birth. If the herd is to survive, the villagers must work, no matter how much they might deserve a day off. That all the goats are pregnant and birthing, despite being sickly, thin creatures before, is something of a mystery. Perhaps it is the power of change, or the mercy of Slaanesh? Hopefully?

Gracious makes his way with the rest of the village (and Laval and Vex) to oversee and perhaps help in the birthing process. The goats begin to give birth. What comes from their stomachs are horrible, half-formed monsters. They are not dangerous, but horrifying to look upon, bloated, foetus things with the occasional human limb or appendage. They bleat happily, full of dark meat, fingers flexing from their hooves, the occasional eye replaced with a human's, some of their legs ending in fully formed feet or messy tendrils. The villagers cry out in a great panic, many fleeing the scene, for the female goats seem pregnant again, and it is only a matter of time before they are to birth once more. The flock has grown in number, and perhaps the goat-human-things can even be fed upon, but at what cost?

[Gracious is afraid by the terrible sight and is at -10 to all Tests in the encounter regarding the goats. 

I've brought up the topic of a new character in a new thread.]

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by wren on Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:39 pm

Gracious promises Kibwa another dose, if he can get all of his friends together - he has a special message for them.

Assuming this takes time, I'd like to work with Sten to quickly make a mild hallucinogen/altered state drug - the idea is something that can be put into a fire and cause a slightly dream-like state in those that inhale it. This doesn't need to have solid mechanical effects - if it does, great! - it's for flavour.

When people are gathered round - including, presumably, Ola... Gracious will talk to them. Now, it didn't go very well with these before, and Twisby's no longer around - he will allude to the idea that he's the sort of person who has other friends of that nature, however, if it seems necessary.

However, he has a special message for them all. Tzeentch - the Lord that Laval spoke of - is all very well - and in many respects is a fine god; but he is perhaps not the one that would work for them. They enjoy finer things; they enjoy leisure - there is a being that promises all these things. She, he, it - the Dark Prince.

Gracious gets out his pendant and lets it dangle in the firelight. He throws the mild hallucinogen into the fire, and it makes a smoky atmosphere.

"Kibwa, come forward, and, yeah, like, recieve thy benediction."

In sight of all Kibwa's friends, Gracious gives him another dose - and meanwhile, lowers the pendant into the fire... when Kibwa is in the trance,puts the pendant into his hand, and closes Kibwa's hand around it.

[The goal here is to start a small cult within the village dedicated to Slaanesh - I think the majority will favour Change, but in these layabouts, Gracious sees potential. I've mostly narrated the above, hoping it will all be fine; let me know if problems occur?]

wren

Posts : 180
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by The GM on Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:25 pm

Desperate to receive another dose, Kibwa rushes off to do Gracious' bidding. In the meantime, Gracious and Sten get to work. They make a mild hallucinogen from the sap of the Baobab bark, grounded together with the seeds of the Joka flower. Its scent, when burned, resembles coconut mixed with incense, and its smoky aroma is a delight to the senses.

When Kibwa gathers his friends, the stage is set. When the drug is thrown into the fire, it gives off a purplish haze. The poor addict does not even hesitate when he is asked to come forward, though some of his more hesitant friends mutter in confusion. Receiving his obscura dose, he audibly sighs in pleasure, and barely seems to notice as the sign of Slaanesh is burned into his palm. When he looks down upon it, he remarks that the mark dances in the smoke, and it is the most beautiful thing he has ever looked upon. Emboldened by the recommendation, the rest of his friends step forward, and the cult of the drug begins. 

[Gracious has successfully Seduced Kibwa to Slaanesh. He gains 4 Infamy, 1 Corruption point, but loses one Obscura dose.]

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by wren on Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:38 pm

Vis a vis the horrible, horrible goats: Gracious will go to Laval. What does she think? This seems, uh, her sort of thing... right?

wren

Posts : 180
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by The GM on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:53 pm

The newborn kids frolic and bleat in happy abandon. Hoof tendrils topped with human nails scrape along the dirt, while they stare at one another with a mix of goat and human eyes. One claws its way along the earth with a human arm; another's bleats are strange and monstrous when ripped from a human throat. Gracious approaches Laval and Vex, Vex appearing deep in thought.
 
"I have a plan," Laval asserts, "But I need your help."
 
Gracious pauses. "... Right. So, what, uh, what would that - I mean I'll help if I - what do you need?"
 
Laval looks to Vex. He shrugs before replying. "Two things. Something that'll burn in lots of colours. Ideally it'd be magic, but... chyms are a second best, I guess."
 
"Can you make that sort of thing?" Laval asks Gracious.
 
"Yeah, that should be doable, I think... We were doing some work with fire stuff yesterday; some of the same basic kit. Lots of colours... anything else you need it to do? Popping?"
 
"Smoke,” Vex notes. “Coloured smoke. I... don't think popping is necessary?"
 
"Sure, OK, you know it's your circ- you do what you need to - what's the other thing?"
 
Laval and Vex share a glance. "A sacrifice,” Vex responds.
 
"...human?"
 
"Yes," Vex nods.
 
"You think I can provide?" Gracious queries, "... what sort of person does it need to be?"
 
“Adult," Vex notes.
 
"Ideally willing," Laval adds. She looks at the village proper. "We don't want to cause a... an upset."
 
"Alright;” Gracious remarks, “I think I might be able to sell - but I'll have to know - what is this going to - we can't fuck this up."
 
Laval nods.
 
"I need to summon a demon," Vex clarifies. There is a long, awkward pause before Gracious speaks.
 
"... So I don't mean to be funny... and I'm not averse to that in general, let's be - how will that help, exactly?"
 
"A spellfiend,” Vex replies. “It will know how to break the curse. They know... a lot."
 
"This... this is the preacher's doing?" Gracious clarifies.
 
"Probably,” Laval says, “Directly or indirectly. It's.. the Plaguelord's work, certainly."
 
Gracious thinks. "... I think I have a plan. I'll ask the whole village to come forth - explain a - not the situation but, a- a palatable - a thing which makes sense. Explain - sacrifice, I mean, it's not all bad - the trick is to make them want it, make them - have a great celebration for them, make them adulate in the necessary -we do the good work even as you cast the spell, yes?"
 
Laval nods, but looks afraid. "If this goes wrong, it could go very wrong. Just bear that in mind."
 
"Wrong how?” Gracious asks. “Wrong like it went on that hill?"
 
Laval nods.
 
Gracious sighs. "... Alright. It doesn't seem like there's much choice..."
 
"Say. That drug you were making..."  Laval glances at Vex. "Will it dampen the will?"
 
"Only afterwards. During... I think it'll boost it."
 
"We might need that, then."
 
Vex frowns, looking a little worried.
 
"I've got two doses," Gracious notes. He throws Laval two little small test tubes of a pale blue liquid, which moves intoxicatingly, like heavy water. She catches, a little surprised, and inspects them.
 
"How long does it last?"
 
"Bout an hour."
 
The pair of wyches nod, sharing an uncomfortable look. "And you don't know anything of daemonology..." Laval offers hopefully.
 
"Nothing. You can use the pendant again, if you want..." Gracious waves his Slaaneshi pedant.
 
"We need the symbol of Tzeentch,” Vex complains. “Not that."
 
"Yeah, I figured...” Gracious admits, “But it's what I have, right?"
 
Laval swallows. “Let's throw the dice again, then."
 
"Ha! Very well... Let's see what we can do." Sten comes up to Gracious and whispers in his ear. He reckons that Laval seems legit, but that she's somewhat winging it when it comes to the goats. Laval smiles at Sten and offers a little wave of greeting. He half-waves back. 

Gracious looks at Laval, then back to Sten. He nods. "... The thing I want to know, right, before we go ahead: why exactly do you think this'll work?"
 
"Why wouldn't it?” Vex demands, “Knowledge is one of the things these daemons specialise in."
 
Gracious looks only somewhat convinced. "... Fine. And you can't think of another option?"
 
“Not unless you happen to be carrying a library of occult knowledge around with you..." Vex remarks.
 
"Nah, mate, I left that in my other coat."
 
Laval laughs. Vex frowns.
 
"One... more thing," Gracious ventures. "What are you going to do when the Mbuu returns?
 
"... Deal with that when it happens..." Laval suggests. She reaches out with her mind, tentatively pushing against the boundary of Gracious' will. She enters into Gracious' mind, uncovering his current mood of slight trepidation. She is forced out before she can uncover more of his thoughts.
 
"Now, now," Gracious chides.
 
"What?"
 
"Ask, first, please."
 
Laval sighs. "I'm sorry. I'm not used to not just..." she glances at Vex, shrugs.
 
"I think he's not going to like what's happened, here," Gracious continues, turning back to the topic of the elderly Mkuu. "How's Faruha?"
 
Laval frowns. "Coping, just about."
 
"And what'll she do if her father gets back and kicks up a fuss?"
 
"I can handle it." She hesitates.
 
Gracious pushes the issue further. "Can you?"
 
"Yes. Why?"
 
"Fine. Just... fundamentally, I suppose, the question is: is he going to end up dead, or alive?"
 
"Alive, I hope."
 
"... Because there might be cleaner ways of enacting the former, if it has to happen. Of course, I'd rather the latter..." Gracious lets it hang. “Well, think on; we've got another task in hand."
 
Laval sighs. "Gracious, may I?"
 
"See what I'm thinking?"
 
She nods.
 
Gracious smiles. "Sure."
 
"Thank you."
 
Now facing a willing subject, Laval once again reaches out with her thoughts and connects with Gracious' mind. There is that same trepidation, perhaps a little tension, but as Laval goes deeper, the immediate fears, concerns and conscious lies bubble to the fore of Gracious' mind. There is nothing but that which Gracious has voiced or implied: concerns about Laval's ability to successfully enact the ritual, concerns about what happens when the Mkuu returns. However, Gracious seems to be being honest.
 
Laval pushes deeper to the short term memory of Gracious. She sees the memories of a ritual before Slaanesh, where Kibwa and his friends gather to receive the benediction of the Dark Prince. She feels the haziness as a mild hallucinogen brings a happy daze to the memory, blinding the miscreants to the enormity of what they are doing. The Seduction pleases the Dark Prince, and Gracious elevates in the esteem of the gods. Further back still, and she sees Gracious recovering his pendant from the ritual site, leaving everything else as it was.
 
Laval begins to feel the slow build of energies resisting her. She leaves courteously, without going deeper. She smiles. "If I could return the favour, I would."
 
"I had some drugs, once, let you see people's minds, like you were a psyker..." Gracious returns conversationally. “HELL of a kick. So, you know, thanks... but I'm not sure how you handle it."
 
Laval’s smile broadens to a grin. "It's a good feeling. Especially when I'm about to take a leap of faith and trust you."
 

"Alright..." Gracious heads towards the village.

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by The GM on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:55 pm

Most of the villagers have made haste away from the mutated kids, away from the arid fields and towards the village to debate what must be done. But, when Gracious gets there, he sees that they seem entirely at a loss. In the last couple of days, Imani has entered into a whole new stage of its existence, and the villagers look to their prophets to tell them what to do.

[By the way, check out the thread for the replacement character.]

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by The GM on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:24 pm

Does Gracious reach out to the villagers in order to acquire a sacrifice and/or prepare the celebration? What is his strategy for doing so?

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by wren on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:39 pm

[Goddamnit. I wrote a long post earlier and could have sworn I posted it. Currently feeling really ill, caught the sun massively. Will try to repost later.]

wren

Posts : 180
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by wren on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:08 pm

Alright, here we go. I'm really sorry for the low quality - feeling really quite ill - but wanted to progress as my post rate will go massively down for the next week.

Gracious goes to the villagers, and explains the situation.
"So, like, yeah, what's happening is that this is a curse - bad one - put down by that false Preacher - well, she was preaching alright, but to - well - the point is, it's no good for anyone. And, like, we've got a plan - Laval knows lots - she's going to fix things - except, well, there's a problem, you know.

See, what she wants to do - powerful stuff from the Lord of Change, this, true power - it... this is a curse from someone dead, right - so to undo it... someone needs to - what I'm saying is - oh, it's hard to ask. Essentially... someone needs to die.

Now, I... it's hard to ask. If someone volunteers... what I want is everyone to know that they will be the biggest hero... and before they have to go, we're going to throw the biggest... you're all invited, right, and we're going to get drunk, and tell stories of their life, and it will be a celebration like no other... and then they'll die...

Now if this doesn't happen... the goats are bad, right, real bad, so they're done for. And I don't know what'll happen... so what do you say?"

Hopefully, this works...

Assuming it does (in some sense), Gracious and his nascent cult of Slaaneshi worshippers will organise the party. Sten and he will get some good drugs and booze ready, everyone will have a good time... everything will be ready for Laval's attempt. He'll get the flashy drugs she needs ready as well.

Meanwhile, Ari will go off for a walk - she'd like to join the party... but she has a suspicion. She's essentially going to go off to see if she can work out when the Mbuu will be back: and just to check that he won't bring anyone back with him.

wren

Posts : 180
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by The GM on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:24 pm

[Sorry to hear you feel ill! Hope you get better soon.]

The villagers look somewhat dumbfounded at what Gracious is asking. Some of them seem angry. They have been promised that their fortunes would change, and they have given so much already in hope of a better future. Though they recognise what Gracious has done for them, and love him as a saviour, it is hard for a few of them not to feel betrayed. Mutters begin spreading among the small crowd.

Things have the potential to get nasty. But, before they can, the miscreant Ola steps forward. Gracious frowns - this is the woman who threatened him just days before. She looks taller today: her chin is up, and her short, black hair shines in the evening light. With her t-shirt and cropped, short jeans, she is every bit the young punk that she espouses to be. She shrugs.

"I'll do it. Whatever."

Gracious does not know why Ola has volunteered - why such a woman has found inspiration in what he has said. Sometimes people do weird things when Gracious talks at them. Perhaps he supposes that it doesn't really matter.

[Gracious gains 1 Corruption Point.]

With Ola's volunteering, the crowds are mollified. They like Gracious, and if there is a way forward where they don't have to be upset with him, they will leap at it. As it is, Ola is not popular, and though it is unspoken, Imani considers her death a fair trade for life.

The party is prepared. There are dozens of drugs and booze on display, and Gracious' small cult is having a whale of a time even before they've finished setting up. However, the majority of Imani are more distant, less willing to partake in the revelry. After all, someone is to die. A naturally more conservative people, they shy away from the narcotics and cannot be tempted to dance. Instead, they hum a dirge of remembrance for Ola, a native show of respect to the martyred among the Imani tribe.

Elsewhere, Ari stalks along the path to Kifodini, pausing every so often to look through the telescopic sight of her rifle. After a bit of trekking, she pauses as she sees dust rising in the far distance. It is one individual - of this, she is sure, and moving tortuously slowly. As the elderly Mkuu comes into view, he walks directly into the crosshairs of Ari's gun. She is tempted, and aims, fantasising about pulling the trigger. Does she?

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by wren on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:51 pm

She pulls the trigger.

wren

Posts : 180
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by The GM on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:59 pm

With a sigh of unrestrained desire, Ari gently squeezes the trigger of her long-las. A muffled whip-crack sounds from its barrel, partially swallowed up by the silencer at the end of the rifle. A las round speeds along the dirt road of the Swaadi wilds, seen by no one but the firer. It gracefully lances the old man in the heart, catching on the Mkuu's tattered robes and completely encasing him in fire. Ari watches as his skin melts, his eyes popping like superheated eggs, before he finally falls to the ground a blackened corpse. And, with that, the man who called himself the leader of Ari's village is no more.

[Ari gains 1 Infamy and 4 Corruption Points.]

Elsewhere, a ritual begins...

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by The GM on Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:22 am

The brazier fires begin to pop, one by one. It is like something swallows them up in mild amusement. Pop! The fire disappears. Pop! It goes like this until the final, ninth brazier. 

Pop!

Ola is suddenly immolated. She screams, a heart-wrenching, agonised, slow scream. It is not just her body but burns, but her soul as well, a sacrifice to the spellfiend that shall claw its way from her ashy remains. She does not die well, and that awful sound still lingers when there is nothing but dust and embers.

A powerful wind flows from an unknown quarter, catching the ash and swirling it upwards. The smoke of the braziers suddenly spools, and all must avert their eyes for a moment before looking back. There stands a daemon. Its form constantly shifts, faces and eyes appearing all over its ape-like body of long, spindly limbs. Warpflames wave like hairs across its form, and where they touch, the air changes colour, or mirages of futures that cannot be can be seen. Many of the villagers flee at the sight. Others cannot move for their terror. Faruha stammers, her mind broken. The spirit turns to the mortal who summoned it, and points.

It is as if Laval is hit by a shockmaul to the face. She is thrown to the ground, seemingly unconscious. A wave of power spools outwards, and before Gracious can respond he is stunned by the blast, along with the rest of the village. When he recovers his senses, Laval is standing again, and the daemon is powerless before her will.

"Thou summons me," the daemon speaks with nine voices, some sounding bored, others amused, many serious. "Thy word is my command."

It speaks of what must be done, a final ritual to reverse the curse that has plagued Imani for so long. It is an ancient curse, one seeped in the old lores, and difficult to reverse if one does not know the words of power. Yet this daemon knows the words, and communicates them to those that dare listen. The seven symbols of the three rings must be found from where they hide in the village of Imani and nailed to a great post, or tree. The words of power should be spoken, and all those born of Nurgle should be bloodletted at the base of the trunk while the tree burns. If done correctly, then the tree shall return the curse to the earth and bloom, untouched by the flames. If any eat of that tree again, the plague shall return, thrice more terrible than before. 

[This is a ritual requiring a Very Hard (-30) Scholastic Lore (Occult) Test, bolstered as usual by ritual modifiers (such as having psykers present, observing the rule of sympathy, having sacrifices etc.). Because the daemon has imparted information pertaining directly to this ritual, the ritualist counts as having the Scholastic Lore (Occult) (Int) Test at +30 for this Test.

Gracious gains 3 Corruption Points.]

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by The GM on Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:34 am

Vex cries out slightly, as if in pain, and smoke begins to pour from under his armour. With a grimace, he unclips his carapace chestplate, exposing where small, blue fires have caught on his flesh and burned through his under-robes. As soon as it is looked upon, the blue fires disappear, but the magical brand on Vex's flesh remains. It is the Mark of Tzeentch, a sign of true favour from the Lord of Change, and it is clear to all who dare glance upon it that the Great Manipulator looks on Vex with approval.

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by The GM on Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:37 pm

For the rest of the day, the village is put to work by Laval and Vex to find the hidden symbols of the Grandfather. Adopting an logical approach with where to look, and assisted by a united village, the six remaining pendants are found. When collected together, their rings overlapped, they produce vertigo and nausea to even look upon. 

Atop an arid hill, marking the edge of the goat fields and thus Imani, is a small, struggling baobab tree. It has not produced fruit for as long as the villagers remember, and is dry and dying from lack of sustenance. Under Vex's instruction, the pendants of Nurgle are nailed to this tree. Where the pendants touch the bark, it sickens and dies, the final death rattle of Plague over the town of Imani. The mutated goat kids are dragged to that baobab tree, kicking and flailing, and more than a couple villagers are bruised from vicious cloven hooves. Soon, the ritual will be ready, and perhaps Imani will finally be free.

Is Gracious present for the ritual? Does he do anything before it, or interfere?

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by The GM on Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:22 pm

Gracious does not attend the ritual. Many villagers have the same idea - their resolve has been sorely tested over the last few days, the hour is late, and they are simply tired. The heretic regales them with his good-humoured presence, and their spirits do cheer, but ultimately it is a good night's sleep that is required.

Imani awakens to a new dawn. Word spreads quickly that the curse has been lifted (though Laval warns everyone not to eat the golden fruit of the baobab tree), and many villagers (though it may be placebo) report feeling healthier and more energetic. Farmers in the fields find that the goats too seem less sickly, with fuller coats, and that their bloated stomachs have gone. Even the air seems fresher. Grateful, the people of Imani are fully converted to the glory of Chaos, and know that they have Gracious to thank.

[Gracious has completed the Secondary Objective to win the support of the people of Imani. He has also assisted in the completion of another heretic's Secondary Objective. Therefore, he gains 4 Infamy. Ari did not assist in either Secondary Objective, and so does not gain Infamy.]

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum