Turn 1 Thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by The GM on Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:21 pm

The wych smiles, exposing decaying, black teeth stained with blood. "You are kind, I think," she says. "But too smart, I think, too smart." She shakes her head, and refuses to come. She trusts you, and there is certainly no bad blood over Callum's offer, but it seems a more complex scheme than simply having Sauda disappear is required. Alternatively, a grand show of friendship, or perhaps demonstrating to the wych that Callum has the power to make good on his promises, might help sway her mind.

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by The GM on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:31 pm

What does Callum do?

[By the way, you might want to spend XP for Callum and Graves at some point.]

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by Stonebreath on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:01 pm

[I shall spend XP soon Smile ]

"I understand," he smiles at her. It is a well practised, winning smile.

"What can I do to earn your trust? Tell me something you want done, and together, we can begin a new chapter for this world."

Stonebreath

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by The GM on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:11 pm

The wych laughs again, bile forming about her gums. She does not want for much: she lives, largely unaccosted, even brought food and drink from the terrified local villagers. But a blank cheque from a heretic of the chaos gods can always be cashed, and she leans forwards with a cackle.

There is a young man in town, a nobleman and do-gooder by the name of Ermete Falco. He contributes food and water to the village, though he cannot do much to alleviate their suffering, for he is but one man cut off from his wealth and supplies. On the other hand, he is kind, and charming, and educated, and he is well-liked by those who still have hope in Sadaka. Sauda comments that, though Falco is no servant of chaos, the man reminds her of Callum.

"Give me his heart, and you shall have mine," the wych promises, and Callum knows that she does not allude to love or compassion. She wants his literal heart, ripped from the charitable gentleman's body. For what purpose she wants such a thing, she refuses to say.

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by Stonebreath on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:17 pm

Callum laughs gently. He thinks this man's efforts are laudable, but misguided.

"Such a shame he treats the symptom and not the cause, very well, you shall have what you seek, my friend."

With that, Callum takes his leave of the tent after a respectful farewell. Once outside, he gently reassures Graves that he did an excellent job and that he is very proud of him.

Graves' nerves may well be a little settled by this.

Callum immediately begins his search for Falco, making polite inquiries of the townspeople for any information at all about him as well as "how I might have a meeting with this wonderful person."

Stonebreath

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by The GM on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:38 pm

The people of Sadaka are nervous and recalcitrant, but Callum's manner is friendly and they quickly direct him on his way - if nothing else, so that they can go about their business unaccosted. These people do not trust quickly, and perpetually seem to think that Callum is something using or deceiving them. Nonetheless, they tell the heretic what he needs to know. 

Falco is a young, handsome man who hails from the pleasant world of Aventine. He is olive-skinned, with dark, flowing hair that seems oiled and well-scented, and though he is not powerfully built, he is thin and lean. Falco has earned the trust of the Sadaka people - occasionally organising relief packets to come into the village (though these have become rarer and rarer), helping around the village and putting on small events where those remaining in the village and congregate and be at ease. He seems to good work in the village, and is open to anyone simply approaching him. Even the mob leaves him alone: Callum assumes that they are happy to have an individual who helps keep the spirits of the villagers up, and thus not resentful and violent.

Graves notes that such an individual is easily killed, but, if he is so liked about the village, it may be better to avoid doing it in the open. The young socialite is currently in the one and only drinking hole of the village, once a respectable and moderately profitable establishment, but now simply an empty space for people to come together and shelter from the dark. Falco is telling stories of Aventine, to distract them and raise their wounded spirits.

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by Stonebreath on Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:42 pm

[You bastard, you made Falco hot. Now killing him will be more difficult OC Razz ]

Callum sits down and politely waits for the story to end and for people to disperse a little before approaching him.

"I hear that you, like me, are a philanthropist with real concerns for this town, I was wondering if you'd be interested in a partnership," says Callum, his voice sweet and nonthreatening.

"Good people are hard to come by in these dark times."

Stonebreath

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by The GM on Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:11 pm

Falco turns to Callum with a smile. His clothes, though expensive, are faded and stained with the dirt of Swaadi. His nails, once manicured, are split and dirty where he has helped farm and mucked in. His eyes, though dark and alluring, are clawed by crows' feet, exhausted by his daily struggle to protect the doomed village of Sadaka from poverty and death. The young noble raises an eyebrow at Callum as he descends from a small podium, inviting the heretic to sit with him around a rotting, wooden table.

"You, my amicus, are not all you seem, no?" he smiles. He leans in to study Callum's face. His olive-skin smells slightly sweet, like freshly squeezed grapes from the shores of his homeworld, Aventine. "Si," he adds, "Your eyes and mouth say one thing, but I can see it in the way you breathe. It reminds me of pater. You smell profit here, I can tell."

He puts a boot onto the table, leaning back in his chair. The conversation is interrupted by a few hangers-on, who Falco greets warmly before sending them on their way.

"But perhaps it does not matter why you want to help, no?" he suggests. "Perhaps it is enough that you want to help."

Falco notes that his main priority is to regain access to his contacts that were sending relief packs to the people of Sadaka. However, he has reason to believe that his contact is dead. Moreover, there is no chance of safe travel in these times of war, and any ration packs are being sequestered by the Swaadi military (or stolen by the traitor forces). Indeed, there only seems to be one place in the local area that does not seem to be struggling.

"The Klossner family," he continues, "They have all that they need, and plenty more besides. I have tried talking to them, but, to tell the truth, I find them utterly insufferable. I think that they can tell - in either case, they sent me away. Perhaps you, my new amicus, are more patient?"

It is a hard task, but Callum does intend to make the acquaintance of the Klossner family. On the other hand, all Callum needs to do is make the show of wanting to help: to get Falco talking and to get him to a quieter place so he can meet his end. Alternatively, Callum could make his way back to the wych and have Graves destroy her. What does Callum do?

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by Stonebreath on Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:54 pm

Callum is going to make a show of wanting to help Falco to get him to a quieter place so Graves and he can dispatch him.

"You're not wrong, I do seek a certain form of profit," smiles Callum.

"However, if I can do that whilst helping some people, well, I shall be a happy man, indeed."

"My man, Graves has been scouting out the Klossner Villa. He's pinpointed some weaknesses in their defences... we could show you, if you like."

It is entirely Callum's intention to take Falco en route to the Villa and have him killed if possible.

Stonebreath

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by Stonebreath on Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:00 pm

[I'd like to spend 350xp on Deceive +10, please Smile]

Stonebreath

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by The GM on Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:21 pm

[Noted, updating the character sheet thread.]

Falco smiles at this show of apparent honesty, and enquires a little deeper. It is not hard to think up a convincing deceit. Many Ecclesiastical missions can fund individuals and members of the nobility to make pilgrimages or fix a known problem, and sometimes just the renown involved can translate to thousands of thrones and priceless contacts in the Church. Satisfied by these explanations, Falco nods and accepts the story. He agrees to take a stroll out of the village in the direction of the Villa von Klossner.

The murder is swift and vicious. After half an hour of walking, just when Sadaka has disappeared from sight, Sergeant Graves steps back, slowly and quietly drawing his chainswords. Falco, already unobservant, is distracted further by Callum's cordial conversation. With brutal efficiency, Graves activates his swords and brings them in a pincer movement towards the nobleman's head, avoiding his torso and precious heart. The blows slice into the side of Falco's head, causing his eyes to pop out and his brain to ooze down his cheek like spilled jelly. He is dead before he hits the ground. 

[Callum and Graves gain 1 Corruption Point each.]

Who cuts out the heart, and what happens next?

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by Stonebreath on Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:46 pm

Callum cuts out the heart with cheery precision.

"That went well," he mutters, mostly to himself.

Doing his best to conceal the heart, Callum makes his way back to Sadaka to present the Wych with her prize.

Stonebreath

Posts : 64
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum