Turn 4 Thread

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: Turn 4 Thread

Post by The GM on Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:59 pm

Marina chooses to try her luck inside the house, but she has to wait. The argument is still going on outside, and if the nobles are going to breakfast, they are taking their time about it.

[Just waiting on Wren, sorry.]

*****

Outside, Laval takes some well-deserved rest. It is a pleasant morning, the Swaadi sun shining brightly over the wilds, and its warm glow is comforting against her forehead. Given time to just be herself, Laval can consolidate her thoughts and, perhaps, grieve. She will not be afforded much time, but it is something, a small moment of reprieve in the compact. Laval makes the most of it.

But after a while, Laval is disturbed by the movement of figures from the Makuu. A couple of mercenaries are trekking in her direction - not towards her, but on a path a few hundred metres away in the direction of the tithed villages. Does Laval interact with them?

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 4 Thread

Post by Jewelcast on Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:08 pm

[No worries. Have also spent XP for both chars.]

Fear overriding curiosity, Laval lays low as Marina instructed, waits for the danger to pass, prays softly that she will not be noticed.

Jewelcast

Posts : 228
Join date : 2016-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 4 Thread

Post by The GM on Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:26 pm

Protected by Marina's hiding spot, at some distance, and not being actively looked for, Laval is not noticed by the mercenaries, who swiftly move past her position. Laval watches them as they head in the direction of Kifodini, their purpose unknown.

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 4 Thread

Post by The GM on Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:41 am

Marina continues to wait. She returns to the door to listen in to the conversation outside. She hears Gracious' voice:

"... friend and a guest of the Lady of the house, terribly sorry, um, would you... to who do I have the pleasure of... that is to say... who are you?"

"Mother did not inform me we had guests," the more aristocratic voice returns. There is a silence, as if the man is turning to another individual. "Set up in the tea-room. No more excuses, or I'll cut out your tongue." There is a brief pause. "All of them heathens. I am Markus Klossner. You are a guest of mother. I beg your pardon, but I do not know you. Have we met before?"

The pair make their way to the tea-room, where a number of people gather (probably servants) to make things ready. Marina hears sounds of clanking cutlery, and listens patiently as two further nobles join them with exaggerated greetings. She cannot quite make out the conversation in the tea-room, but the flurry of servants seems to have abated, and now is a good time to make her way up the stairs. She leaves the workshop, and like a shadow bounds to the entrance hallway and up to the mezzanine.

The upstairs is just as stately as the ground floor. Though the Villa von Klossner is not huge, it is still massive compared to the huts of Swaadi villages around the Makuu. Marina is met with a mass of doors, but one in particular - an ornately crafted, wooden entrance-way - bears the same smell that Marina found so interesting before. Does she make her way into that room?

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 4 Thread

Post by The GM on Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:51 am

Laval blinks as she hears Gracious' voice in her mind. Though the link was severed by her sleeping, she had made sure to link them together again when he left in the morning.

These people are terribly strange, Laval. There's something weird going on here and no mistake - trying to get to the bottom... well, you know. What's happening with you?

[Wasn't sure whether there was a mind-link active, opted for yes. If you don't want there to be one, I suppose you can always end it now.]

The GM
Admin

Posts : 624
Join date : 2016-08-07

View user profile http://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 4 Thread

Post by Jewelcast on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:26 am

Again, Marina listens briefly for danger before trying the intriguing door. The other rooms are interesting as well, of course, but she gravitates to the most unusual thing.

****

[Yes seems like a good call.]

Marina won't tell me anything, Laval responds, So really I'm just waiting while she does her thing.

She pauses momentarily, wondering how much to share - whether she should have said that at all.

I'm sure you'll cope marvellously with whatever disaster she causes, she notes with amusement.

Jewelcast

Posts : 228
Join date : 2016-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 4 Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum