The Doomed Makuu
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Existing Disorders

2 posters

Go down

Existing Disorders Empty Existing Disorders

Post by The GM Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:50 pm

Hi!

So by my reckoning we have two disorders to unpack, belonging to Marina. 

The first was incurred when Marina fought Ari, and first perceived her enemy's terrible and daemonic form. The second was incurred when Marina was assailed by a feeling of unholy, maddening dread from the cursed room in the Villa von Klossner.

I'd be grateful if you can tell me how these events fundamentally or powerfully affected Marina's psyche, so I can better know when to apply Situational Tests.

The GM
Admin

https://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Existing Disorders Empty Re: Existing Disorders

Post by Jewelcast Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:26 pm

Okay. Let's think about this.

I don't like the secretive thing, since it conflicts with Marina's generally chatty personality. If you're okay with it, I'd like to work her behaviour on that front into her dissatisfaction with the way Laval's been treating her, rather than as an ongoing compulsion.

In its place.... I think encountering the apparently-daemon played into Marina's distinct fears of those more powerful and more dangerous than herself. Maybe it's reinforced her previously only mildly negative view of warpy things (daemons, psychic powers, weird rituals, etc) with the notion that such things have an inherent advantage over her. Perhaps a strong aversion to such things would be appropriate?

With the second one, I'm actually pretty okay with the self-harm thing... on the theme of "default disorders are a bit too extreme" maybe have it as a compulsion that comes up when she's stressed, rather than a constant thing? It fits pretty well with her character and background.

(Tangentially, both characters' backgrounds have been solidifying in my head - would you be interested in me typing those up somewhere?)

Jewelcast

Back to top Go down

Post by The GM Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:55 pm

Ok, great. To give you an idea of what kinds of Situational Tests I might impose, they might look like the following:

Aversion of the Supernatural: Extreme or persistent displays of the warp earn Marina's ire. At the GM's discretion, she might be required to take a Willpower Test to interact pleasantly with such things. If she fails, it will largely be down to the player how negatively she interacts with such things, perhaps taking a cue from the result of the dice. Persistent interaction might irritate her, imposing penalties to certain Tests.

The Creeping Terror: When Marina is stressed, the terror of that awful room returns to her. When horribly stressed, she may be asked to take a Willpower Test or begin self-harming. This might impose penalties for Interaction with onlookers, or, in extreme situations, incur Wounds.

I would love to read backstories. Perhaps a thread in this forum would be the best place?

The GM
Admin

https://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelcast Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:01 pm

Sounds good.

Jewelcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content