The Doomed Makuu
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generating Heretics

2 posters

Go down

Generating Heretics Empty Generating Heretics

Post by The GM Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:08 pm

Hi there! Please use this thread for generating your two Heretics. At the end, I'll post the results in a Sticky Thread.

To get you started, please note that your Heretic must be human. As such, your Heretic starts with the following:

• Any two Common Lores, Linguistics (Low Gothic) and any one Trade.
  • The Quick and the Dead trait (+2 to Initiative Rolls)

We will be using the points system, such that each characteristic starts at 25, and you have 100 additional points to allocate to your characteristics of WS, BS, S, T, Ag, Int, Per, WP and Fel. You cannot add more than 20 to any individual characteristic.

The exception to the points based generation is Inf, which starts at 19+1d5.

You then have available four Archetypes to choose from (see Black Crusade p.53 for more details):

• The Apostate: the talky one.
  • The Renegade: the fighty one.
  • The Heretek: the techy one.
  • The Psyker: the wychy one.

(Note that Apostates can still be amazing at combat, Psykers at talking, etc. Those summaries are just a starting point.)

Once you've chosen your Archetype you get a ton of Skills, Talents, Traits and Equipment. You'll then Explore the Passions (Black Crusade, p.70). We can work on some alternative Prides, Disgraces and Motivations if none fit.

You then have 1000XP to spend. You count as Unaligned at this stage, so everything is at the middle price (Allied). However, your upgrades at this stage affect your Alignment. If you have 3 more upgrades of a particular Alignment than any other Alignment, then you are Aligned the next time you cross the threshold of 10, 20, 30, etc. Corruption. If you have 5 more upgrades of a particular Alignment, you get the Mark of that God.

You also get 2 acquisitions that come to -10 availability. These need not be individual items, but, if they are, then your acquisitions can be up to Very Rare (at Common Craftsmanship).

Any questions, just let me know.

The GM
Admin

https://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Generating Heretics Empty Re: Generating Heretics

Post by The GM Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:27 pm

Ok, so here's a first draft for your soldier. I've generated him to throw out a whirlwind of attacks. Also, because he has the Mutation Illusion of Normalcy, people find him impossible to describe: even though the impression he might leave on them at the time with his armoury of heavy weapons and murderous skill

Pride: Martial Prowess
Disgrace: Regret
Motivation: Violence

WS: 53
BS:33
S: 41
T: 35
Ag: 40
Int: 25
Per: 40
WP: 35
Fel: 27
Inf: 20

Movement: 4/8/12/24
Wounds: 13/13
Infamy Spends: 2/2
Corruption: 10

Disorders: None
Mutations: Illusion of Normality (Unremarkable Talent)

Skills: Athletics (S), Awareness (Per), Common Lore (Imperial Guard) (Int), Common Lore (War) +10, Linguistics (Low Gothic), Dodge (Ag) +10, Intimidate (S), Medicae (Int), Operate (Ground), Parry (WS), Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis) (Int), Stealth (Ag), Trade (Explorator) (Int)
Talents: Ambidextrous, Catfall, Disarm, Heavy Weapon Training (Flame), Jaded, Quick Draw, Rapid Reload, Sure Strike, Swift Attack, Two Weapon Wielder, Weapon Training (Bolt, Chain, Las, Primary, SP)
Traits: Adroit (WS), Haunted, The Quick and the Dead

Weapons: Common Craftsmanship Heavy Flamer (Heavy; 30m; S/-/-; 1d10+8 E; Pen 5; Clip 10; Rld 2 Full; Flame, Spray), Common Craftsmanship Boltgun (Basic; 100m; S/3/-; 1d10+5 X; Pen 4; Clip 24; Rld Full; Tearing), Best Craftsmanship Chainsword (Melee; 1d10+3(+4) R; Pen 2; Balanced, Tearing), Best Craftsmanship Chainsword with Venom Drip (Melee; 1d10+3(+4) R; Pen 2; Balanced, Tearing, Toxic [0]).
Armour: Carapace Armour (All: AP 6)
Gear: Medi-kit, data-slate with annotated version of Tactica Imperialis, 3 Good Craftsmanship rebreathers

XP to Spend/Spent: 0/1000
Characteristic Upgrades: None
Alignment: Khorne: 1, Nurgle: 0, Slaanesh: 0, Tzeentch: 0.

Let me know if you have any comments, queries etc.

Last edited by The GM on Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:30 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I filled in the Trade to Trade (Explorator): it can be used for determining what provisions will be needed for various things, so can be used to help in rationing efforts, etc.)

The GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The GM Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:39 pm

I've been thinking about his equipment and there might be a few other options to consider:

Instead of one of the Chainswords having a tox dispensor, you instead have two, additional Best Craftsmanship Chainswords (always useful to have spares!).

Instead of one of the Chainswords having a tox dispensor, it is mono.

Instead of Rebreathers, Stummers.

The GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonebreath Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:09 pm

I'd like to replace the rebreather with a stummer, but, other than that, I think that sounds all good.

As for a name: How about Sgt. Luke Graves?

Stonebreath

Back to top Go down

Post by The GM Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:47 pm

Sounds great. When I get home I'll make some stickied threads with profiles.

The GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down