The Doomed Makuu
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gracious Obscura Profile

2 posters

Go down

Gracious Obscura Profile Empty Gracious Obscura Profile

Post by The GM Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:56 pm

Gracious Obscura

Pride: Charm
Disgrace: Deceit
Motivation: Nihilism

WS: 36
BS: 32
S: 26
T: 22
Ag: 38
Int: 47
Per: 37
WP: 45
Fel: 65(+2)
Inf: 65

Movement: 3/6/9/18
Wounds: 13/13
Infamy Spends: 0/5
Corruption: 57
Fatigue: 0

Disorders: None
Mutations: Additional Limb (Multiple Arms [3] Trait, +10 WS to unarmed attacks with new arm), Illusion of Normality (confers the Unremarkable Talent regardless of mutations, weapons or kit), Mark of Slaanesh (Heightened Senses [All], Unnatural Fellowship [+2], bonus to Slaaneshi ritual)

Skills: Awareness (Per), Charm (Fel) +20, Command (Fel), Commerce (Int), Deceive (Fel) +20, Dodge (Ag) +10, Common Lore (Administratum) (Int), Common Lore (Underworld) (Int), Forbidden Lore (Daemonology) (Int), Forbidden Lore (Heresy) (Int), Forbidden Lore (Mutants) (Int), Forbidden Lore (Psykers) (Int), Inquiry (Fel) +10, Linguistics (Low Gothic) (Int), Scholastic Lore (Bureaucracy) (Int), Scholastic Lore (Chymistry) (Int), Scholastic Lore (Judgment) (Int), Scrutiny (Per), Security (Int), Stealth (Ag), Trade (Chymist) (Int) +10
Talents: Air of Authority, Demagogue, Hatred (Ecclesiarchy), Heightened Senses (All), Inspire Wrath, Lesser Minion of Chaos, Mimic, Peer (Ecclesiarchy), Peer (Underworld), Radiant Presence, Sprint, Total Recall, Unshakeable Will, Weapon Training (Las, Primary).
Traits: Multiple Arms (3), The Quick and the Dead, Serpent's Tongue

Weapons: Best Craftsmanship Sword (Melee; 1d10+1(+2) R; Pen 0; Balanced), Good Craftsmanship Laspistol (Pistol; 30m; S/2/-; 1d10+2 E; Pen 0; Clip 30; Rld Half; Reliable)
Armour: Mesh Armour (Head: AP 3; Body, Arms, Legs: AP 4)
Gear: Slaaneshi pendant, unholy tomes, 2 laspistol clips, Good Craftsmanship Chymistry Kit (+25 to all Trade (Chymist) Tests), 1 dose of obscura, 96 doses of satrophine (+20 bonuses, -20 to resist addiction), 5 doses of Best Craftsmanship obscura for each of the cult, 10 doses of nootropic (Addictive, Unnatural Intelligence (2) and Unnatural Willpower (2) for one hour, 1d5 Fatigue, -20 to Intelligence and Perception Tests, and -30 to Willpower Tests for 1d5 hour comedown.), 1 dose of D-Dust, 3 doses of acid.

XP to Spend/Spent: 300/5900
Characteristic Upgrades: Simple Int, Intermediate WP, Intermediate Fel
Alignment: Khorne: 0, Nurgle: 0, Slaanesh: 9, Tzeentch: 5

Leonard Schneider (Minion):

WS: 31
BS: 28
S: 20
T: 32
Ag: 24
Int: 31 (+3)
Per: 26
WP: 24
Fel: 32 (+2)

Movement: 2/4/6/8
Wounds: 0/6
Corruption: 0

Disorders: None
Mutations: None

Skills: Charm (Fel), Command (Fel) +10, Scrutiny (Per), Trade (Sartorial Designer) (Int) +10
Talents: Air of Authority, Foresight, Heightened Senses (Sight), Peer (Nobility), Peer (Servants), Weapon Training (Primary), Unremarkable
Traits: Unnatural Fellowship (+2), Unnatural Intelligence (+3)

Weapons: Best Craftsmanship Mono Sword with Duellist's Grip (Melee; 1d10+1(+2) R; Pen 2; Balanced, +10 to Weapon Skill, additional +5 to Parry).
Armour: Refractory Flak Cloak (Arms, Body, Legs: AP 3, +3 AP against las weaponry)
Gear: Sartorial equipment.

Sten (Lesser Minion):

WS: 19
BS: 24
S: 26
T: 17
Ag: 21
Int: 23
Per: 28
WP: 21
Fel: 17

Movement: 1/2/3/6
Wounds: 4/4
Corruption: 3

Disorders: None
Mutations: None

Skills: Awareness (Per), Commerce (Int), Scrutiny (Per), Trade (Chymist) (Int).
Talents: Double Team, Heightened Senses (Hearing), Heightened Senses (Sight), Sound Constitution (2)
Traits: Fanatic, Size (3), Sycophant

Weapons: Stub Revolver with Extended Magazine, Red-Dot Laser Sight and Silencer (Pistol; 30m; S/-/-; 1d10+3 I; Pen 0; Clip 8; Rld 2 Full; Reliable)
Armour: None
Gear: Stummer

Last edited by The GM on Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:50 pm; edited 60 times in total

The GM
Admin

https://thedoomedmakuu.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Gracious Obscura Profile Empty Re: Gracious Obscura Profile

Post by wren Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:37 pm

Could you present me with some XP options, please?

wren

Back to top Go down

Post by The GM Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:22 pm

That's quite broad: perhaps you'd like to consider what kind of things you want Gracious to be able to do, or be better at? On the top of my head, these are the kind of things you have been doing:

Charm (Fel) (trained at +10): 500 XP for +20 (Slaanesh)
Deceive (Fel) (trained at +10): 500 XP for +20 (Slaanesh)
Scholastic Lore (Occult) (Int) (untrained currently): 200 XP (Unaligned)
Scrutiny (Per) (untrained currently): 200 XP. (Tzeentch)
Trade (Chymist) (Int) (trained at +10): 500 XP for +20 (Unaligned)
Trade (Farmer) (Int) (untrained currently): 200 XP (Unaligned)

You've been pretty good at those you're trained at, so you might find diminishing returns on upgrading them. You might also consider:

+5 Intelligence: 250 XP (Unaligned)
+5 Fellowship: 500 XP (Slaanesh)
+5 Willpower: 250 XP (Tzeentch)

Some potential talents:

Hatred (Pick One) - gives +10 to Weapon Skill Tests to hit them: 500 XP (Khorne)
Peer (Imani) - gives +10 to Interaction with them: 250 XP (Unaligned)
Inspire Wrath - gives ability to extend your hatreds to others: 500 XP (Slaanesh)
Foresight - gives +10 to an Intelligence Test if you have 10 minutes: 500 XP (Tzeentch)

Look at pages 75-80 of Black Crusade for more browsing.

Another thing to consider is your alignment. If you have 3 more of Slaanesh than any other, then when you cross 20 Corruption you'll officially be aligned to Slaanesh. That'll allow you to start having a chance for Slaaneshi mutations, will make Slaaneshi upgrades cheaper (but Nurglesque and Khornate more expensive), and allow you to use Infamy Spends to ignore certain Critical Damage effects.

The GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wren Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:22 pm

How much XP do I have?

wren

Back to top Go down

Post by The GM Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:23 pm

Dude, all you have to do is scroll up... Razz

As it is, 550 XP.

The GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wren Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:39 pm

OK, assume at all times I am an idiot.

+5 Fellowship please.

wren

Back to top Go down

Post by The GM Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:35 am

Your XP to Spend is getting quite high: any of the above options suggest themselves to you?

The GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wren Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:41 am

Did you buy the +5 Fellowship already? That will influence what I now buy.

wren

Back to top Go down

Post by The GM Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:22 am

Yes you have. The next costs 750xp, if you want another 5.

The GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The GM Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:32 pm

So returning to XP spending, a few things have changed price:

Charm (Fel) (trained at +10): 400 XP for +20 (Slaanesh)
Deceive (Fel) (trained at +10): 400 XP for +20 (Slaanesh)
Scholastic Lore (Occult) (Int) (untrained currently): 200 XP (Unaligned)
Scrutiny (Per) (untrained currently): 200 XP. (Tzeentch)
Trade (Chymist) (Int) (trained at +10): 500 XP for +20 (Unaligned)
Trade (Farmer) (Int) (untrained currently): 200 XP (Unaligned)

You've been pretty good at those you're trained at, so you might find diminishing returns on upgrading them. You might also consider:

+5 Intelligence: 250 XP (Unaligned)
+5 Fellowship: 500 XP (Slaanesh)
+5 Willpower: 250 XP (Tzeentch)

Some potential talents:

Hatred (Pick One) - gives +10 to Weapon Skill Tests to hit them: 750 XP (Khorne)
Peer (Imani) - gives +10 to Interaction with them: 250 XP (Unaligned)
Inspire Wrath - gives ability to extend your hatreds to others: 300 XP (Slaanesh)
Foresight - gives +10 to an Intelligence Test if you have 10 minutes: 500 XP (Tzeentch)
Demagogue - allows Gracious' Fellowship Tests to affect 600 people, requires Inspire Wrath: 400 XP (Slaanesh)
Sprint - allows Gracious to run double speed: 400 XP (Slaanesh)

Look at pages 75-80 of Black Crusade for more browsing.

The GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wren Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:45 pm

I'd like to buy Inspire Wrath and Demagogue, +5 Willpower and Scrutiny, I think.

wren

Back to top Go down

Post by The GM Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:51 pm

Ok, will modify the profile.

The GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The GM Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:29 pm

Just to note that your available XP is getting quite high again, if you'd like to spend it.

The GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wren Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:33 pm

+5 WP, +5 INT to start with.

Any particularly useful talents become available? Where am I falling most tests?

wren

Back to top Go down

Post by The GM Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:47 pm

I can't think of any further crucial talents that you have been failing, other than what is detailed above in this thread.

You don't particularly fail many tests. You did fail a couple of Command and Charm Tests this turn, because you had stiffer opposition from strong-willed characters. These tend to be Ecclesiarchy, so a potentially cheap solution is to get Peer (Ecclesiarchy) for 250XP (Unaligned). Command, being Khornate, is quite pricey for +10: 500 XP.

You are also quite squishy. Probably the most cost-effective option is Dodge +10 (200 XP, 400 XP after that to get to +20), as it is Slaaneshi. Getting Sprint - 400 XP, Slaaneshi - might also be very handy one day.

Finally, you have been failing a lot of Athletics Tests. Getting Athletics is 250 XP, Khornate.

The GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wren Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:49 pm

I'll buy Peer (Ecclesiarch) and Dodge +10.

wren

Back to top Go down

Post by The GM Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:57 pm

Just to warn you: currently, when you get to 30 Corruption you will become unaligned (you have only two fewer Tzeentchian upgrades than Slaaneshi upgrades).

The GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wren Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:13 pm

Going to buy:

+20 Charm, +20 Deceive, and the next chance I have, I'll buy Sprint (only need like 30 more XP).

wren

Back to top Go down

Post by The GM Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:24 pm

Updated. Will give you Sprint tomorrow.

The GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The GM Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:50 am

So, I have statted Leonard Schneider, and added him to Gracious' profile. We can modify his statline if you wish.

I chose to use the Tome of Excess rules for statting minions, such that their characteristics are randomised, with +5 in two characteristics (Intelligence and Fellowship) and -5 in two characteristics (Strength and Willpower). It makes for more rounded, believable characters in terms of mechanics (i.e. not someone with 1 Strength or something).

I gave him Charm for dealing with a variety of social situations, with Peer (Nobility) and Peer (Servants) reflecting his ability to move between nobles and servants. This gives him +10 to interact with them. I also gave him Unremarkable, to represent how he sometimes fades into the backgrounds, also giving him the edge in moving about a place unnoticed in plain sight.

I gave him Command +10 because it is an area where Gracious is comparatively less strong, and represents when Leonard is suitably riled up to use his considerable authority. He has Air of Authority so he can command many at once, using the tricks he has learned by living among nobility.

I gave him Scrutiny because I think Leonard is quite sensitive, and notices how people are feeling, along with Heightened Senses (Sight) to give him +10 at noticing people's frowns (as well as sartorial fine details). 

I then gave him Trade (Designer) +10 to represent his art, with Foresight such that a big project gives him +10 to the Test.

Leonard also has Unnatural Fellowship (+2), to represent his uncanny charm and artistic spirit. He also has Unnatural Intelligence (+3), which represents his ability to make amazing pieces of sartorial art when he strikes on a good idea. 

His sword, with which he is trained, is very well made, as befitting his wealth. Armed with this weapon, he is competent in melee combat, and can defend himself with average ability. His armour is modified, probably a modification he designed himself with the help of an armourer. It sparkles in the light, and reflects the las weaponry that is common around the Makuu.

If you have any suggestions or modifications to make, let me know.

The GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down